The Rochester Mini Maker Faire has grown and will now be a 2 day event and be a full Maker Faire! Jason Latimer will be the keynote speaker!
Date – November 16th – 17th
Put It Away is an iPad app that helps teach kids how to tidy up and clean up a room! For example, in a kitchen, bowls and plates need to be placed in the sink, the milk has to go in the refrigerator, and garbage belongs in the waste basket.
Cleaning a room is an essential living skill for everyone, but can be particularly difficult for children with special needs. Performing this task on the app exercises category sorting and memory, and can help build confidence in kids with autism or other developmental disabilities to complete the task in real life, which is often a challenge.
A key feature of the app is customization. Parents and teachers can configure where each item in the room needs to go. New items and new scenes can also be created from the Photo library or Camera (if supported).
Customization enables parents and teachers to use the app to simulate their real living space and classroom in which the kids are situated in!
Model Me Going Places™ is a great visual teaching tool for helping your child learn to navigate challenging locations in the community. Each location contains a photo slideshow of children modeling appropriate behavior.
– Grocery Store
Epic! is free for elementary school teachers and school librarians in the U.S. and Canada. Used in almost 90% of elementary schools, Epic! brings an award-winning digital library into every classroom. Epic! motivates young readers with badges and rewards, and teachers assign books and track each student’s reading progress.
Epic!’s award-winning service includes a wide variety of high-quality books and learning videos from leading publishers like Scholastic, National Geographic, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Sesame Street, Smithsonian and many more. With over 25,000 books and learning videos available now and many more titles added each week, Epic! has been called the “Netflix of kids’ books” – it’s an unlimited library your kids can take anywhere!
• 25,000 books and learning videos with hundreds more added weekly
• Also includes Audiobooks, “read-to-me” books, Spanish books, Chinese books, Quizzes and learning videos
• Personalized recommendations for each child based on their reading levels and interests
• Online and offline reading (take Epic! in the car, on a plane, or camping)
• A reading log to track reading progress available in the app, and emailed weekly to parents
• Access Epic!’s full library on almost any device
EDpuzzle is an easy and effective way to deliver videos in the classroom. Video is no longer a passive experience, with EDpuzzle video comes to life with audio-notes and questions. An interactive an unique experience for your students. Make any video your lesson.
For students, EDpuzzle provides an easier way to learn through video-lessons outside of the classroom. Students can download the app and opt-in to receive video-assignments directly with questions, so they can check their understanding through the video.
Use EDpuzzle to make any video your lesson, engage your students to learn in a 21st century tool. Try it today! And if you love it, share it with your colleagues or write a review!
This is a resource app for you to share with your child to help teach skills such as problem solving, self-control, planning, and task persistence.
• Explore five interactive activities with a unique, everyday challenge
• Tap, pop bubbles, and more to help the monster breathe, think, and do to solve problems and feel better
• Personalize encouraging phrases that your child will hear as they help the monster think of a plan
• ”Breathe with the Monster” activity to help children practice taking deep breaths to calm down
• Robust Parent Section with great resources for navigating everyday challenges with your young child
Looking for help? Instructional Technology Videos can be accessed at our NEW Video Portal!